- Ear infections
- Symptoms and Treatment
- ear infections information
- Otitis Media
- Ear Tubes surgery
- The Real Cost of Ear Tube and Ear Infections
- How to Use The Eardoc
- Professionals & healthcare
- Testimonials & Reviews
Having an earache is really annoying.Having a child with an ear pain is even worse. A child with ear pain results in sleepless nights and long days of trying to ease your child’s suffering.
Ear infections are common cause for the ear pain, but even a buildup of wax or water in the ear can be annoying and painful, especially for children. Flying on a plane or driving to higher altitudes can make that pain excruciating. Even if your child is “ear pain free” for now, remember that 75 percent of children up to the age of 5 will suffer at least one ear infection episode.
When the pain comes, it doesn’t matter if it’s an inner ear, middle ear infection or outer ear infection, an impact of ear wax, or an allergy. You just want relief!
A GP (Doctor) may help during Office hours, but Ear pain tends to go by Murphy’s Law and start in the middle of the night. And what can you do at 2 AM?!?!
Fortunately, there are some natural remedies that might be helpful. These solutions are known as part of “Grandma medicine” or alternative medicine treatments but are helpful as first aid. Here are the 15 solutions that are most popular, and can usually be found in any home:
15 Alternative treaments for ear infections and earaches:
- Soothe pain with herbs – Comfrey leaves & Witch Hazel leaves are used in alternative medicine as pain soothers and healing catalysts. Take 2 cups of Boiled water with half a cup of dried Comfrey and Witch Hazel leaves, put in a bowl and let it cool down. After the mixture is in room temperature, fill a small syringe or Ear bulb with the mixture. Stand over a sink, and put the head over the sink with the sore ear down, and gently flood the ear. 3-4 times a day should be sufficient, and be careful not to squeeze too hard so the jet will be gentle and not cause more damage.
- Another herbal mixture can include Mullein leaves, Echinacea root and dried Comfrey. use it same as the above explanation.
- Irrigate the sinuses salt water steam – Boil water and add one tablespoon of salt per cup of water to make salt water solution. breathing the steam will help with sinus and ear pressure.
- warm garlic oil – to make garlic oil, heat up 1/4 cup of olive oil till it’s warm (not boiling!). Add 2 or 3 cloves of crushed or pressed garlic to the oil, and let it sit for 15-30 minutes. Lay on the side with the painful ear facing up, and pour in a few drops of warm garlic oil. Leave the oil in the ear for at least ten minutes (the longer the better). If needed, repeat 3-4 times a day.
- Use warm clove oil drops in the ear – Use a tablespoon of crushed cloves in place of the garlic, as above.
- Ginger and Sesame oil can do wonders – just grate a some fresh ginger root into warm sesame oil, and prepare prepare as the garlic oil in section 4. a few drops in the ear should work well.
- Apply warm washcloth on the ear – place a warm washcloth on the ear and side of the neck to relieve some pain. Keep the cloth warm by dipping into hot water and replacing when cool. Some grandmas even add half chopped onion into the warm water – it smells bad but works well.
- On the opposite side from the previous remedy – Place a pack of ice on the ear and neck. The ice pack can be put in turns with the warm washcloth. The ice pack should be placed for a shorter time than the hot.
- Lavender and/or tea tree oil – Take a small cotton ball that can fit into the ear and drop 2-3 drops in it. place it gently in the ear – Do NOT push it in, only place it gently on the outer ear canal. The lavender oil can be applied externally behind and below the ear for aromatherapy. The cotton ball should be in for as long as it is comfortable.
- Gargle salt water – A Quarter teaspoon of salt mixed with a cup of warm water should help open the nose and sinuses a bit. Stir until the salt is Dissolved, and gargle until all of the solution is gone. Repeat three to four times per day. Do not swallow, only gargle and spit.
- Take a steaming hot bath, and inhale. The warm bath should make some pain go away, and the steam can sometimes open the nose, the sinuses and other symptoms accompanying ear infections (and sometimes causing them).
- Try a natural ear candle – also known as Hopi candle. Natural foods store or herbalists can explain what it is and how to use it. Attention – Hopi candles involve use of fire, and guidance is recommended for the first use. Also, some doctors have stated it might do more damage than good.
- Do a head stand – The blood rushing to the upper body and to the head can assist ease some ear and sinus issues and helps with drainage of the Eustachian tubes and sinuses.
- Treat the body with some natural support – Empower the immune system with echinacea, osha, or other herbs taken by pills or drinking. Drinking plenty of water and fresh fruit juice will help, and cut out sweets and any possible allergens (wheat, dairy, soy, etc.). Take some extra vitamin C (can be taken by drinking Citrus juices), and of course rest for a few hours.
- Eardoc – a Non-invasive device for Ear infection treatment. The Eardoc is a device which like some of the treatments above assists the body’s own systems to treat the infections and ear pain. The Eardoc vibrates in certain frequencies that open the Eustachian tube, providing quick pain relief. It is always good to have one at home, especially for children with ear infections.
What’s your secret treatment for ear infections? Do you know a better treatment? Let us know!
Eardoc – Stop Ear Pain Naturally
Eardoc is a natural alternative for middle ear infection treatment, drainage of fluid buildup in the middle ear and ear pain relief. Suitable for both adults and children
The only clinical effective, non surgical, drug free treatment for ear pain
Buy Eardoc Now via Paypal:
Like us? Let us know!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Eardoc in CBS “The Doctors Show”